Awards & Rankings 06.26.23
Emily gives practical and straightforward guidance that makes compliance with complex regulations much easier. She has a keen understanding of big organizations and how to realistically manage an effective compliance program.
Emily serves as leader of Pillsbury’s Political Law group. Emily has an in-depth understanding of the laws regulating campaign finance, lobbying, ethics, pay-to-play and conflicts of interest nationwide.
Emily provides compliance advice to corporations, political committees, high net worth individuals, trade associations, nonprofit organizations, and candidates on compliance with federal, state and local political laws.
- Successfully represented clients in reaching settlement agreements with the Fair Political Practices Commission for alleged violations of lobbying and campaign contribution laws.
- Assisting clients with the filing of federal, state and local lobbying reports and campaign reports.
- Assisting clients with the formation, reporting and compliance issues related to federal PACs.
- Assisting clients with the development and administration of comprehensive political law compliance programs.
- Recognized by Chambers USA in Nationwide Political Law, 2021 – 2023
- Has prepared and presented several Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) seminars concerning compliance with political laws.
- California Political Attorneys Association, Bar Association of San Francisco
J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2005
B.A., Sociology, University of Colorado, Boulder, 2001
Study Abroad Program, London, England, 2000