Blog Post 02.13.23
Noa L. Clark
Partner, San Francisco
Noa Clark is a partner in Pillsbury’s Real Estate practice and based in the San Francisco office.
Noa advises clients on all aspects of real estate transactional law, including development, acquisition, joint ventures, operation, leasing, financing, disposition and related transactions, and involves office, industrial, retail, multifamily residential and mixed-use properties. Noa represents owners and developers of major office, retail, multifamily residential and mixed-use projects in conjunction with construction projects and land use, planning and governmental approvals.
- Representing owner on engineering, procurement and construction of a wind-powered electrical generation facility consisting of approximately 34 wind turbines in California.
- Representing seller in the disposition of office campuses containing over 400,000 rentable square feet in Cupertino, Calif.
- Representing tenant in a warehouse and distribution center build-to-suit lease for over 670,000 square feet of space.
- Construction and Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contracts
- Representing tenants and landlords in construction of tenant improvements.
- Representing owner on procurement of manufacturing equipment and construction of a distribution center.
- Representing owner in connection with the design and construction of a Class A high-rise office building.
- Representing solar project developer on the development and operation of a municipal solar generation facility in San Francisco.
- Representing nonprofit on various construction and design matters in connection with the development, management and construction of improvements on public and private land.
- Representing landlords in several hundred thousand square feet of retail, industrial and office lease transactions.
- Representing emerging technology companies in leases of main office spaces.
- Representing owners in negotiation of building management agreements.
- Land Use
- Assisting property owner in obtaining entitlements for a high-rise project in San Francisco.
- Assisting owner in obtaining development rights for the expansion of a San Francisco office building.
- Assisting property owners in obtaining entitlement extensions for planned high-rise office buildings in downtown Oakland.
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Representing buyer in the acquisition, via a joint venture, of ground leases comprising several acres in South San Francisco.
- Representing lessee in a buy-out of lessor's leasehold interest under a synthetic lease.
- Recognized by Chambers USA in California Real Estate, 2021.
- Best Lawyers (published by BL Rankings LLC), Real Estate Law (2021 – 2023)
- Member, the Young Leaders Group Steering Committee for the Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member, San Francisco Planning and Urban Association (SPUR).
- Speaking Engagement
- “The Future of Office in San Francisco: How Will the Office Market Recover?” Bisnow Webinar (March 2021). Moderator.
- Newsletter—Perspectives on Real Estate, Spring 2010.
- Newsletter—Perspectives on Affordable Housing & Community Development, March 4, 2010.
- Newsletter—Perspectives on Real Estate, Winter 2009.
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Affordable Housing & Community Development Newsletter, May 1, 2009.
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Affordable Housing & Community Development Newsletter, 2008.
- Blog Posts
- “The Future of Office in San Francisco: How Will the Office Market Recover?” Pillsbury’s Gravel2Gavel, March 10, 2021.
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2007
B.A., Business Economics, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2003