As a senior associate in Pillsbury’s Environmental Practice, Brendan combines experience counseling domestic and international clients on managing environmental risks and complying with environmental laws with years of experience in Congress as an adviser.
Brendan has represented clients involved in civil and criminal litigation and advised clients facing potential government enforcement. He has experience in drafting and negotiating agreements and key documents for clients and also has experience working with federal agencies.
- Obtained a favorable settlement defending an architect in a complex construction and design defect suit brought by the owner of a leased federal building seeking $20 million from the architect, the architect’s parent company, and the contractor for water intrusion problems and future repairs.
- Counseling a Fortune 200 energy company in the financing of the purchase of 22 solar power projects regarding the regulatory risks associated with utility contracts and project compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Advising NTT Data Inc. on environmental due diligence in purchase of Dell Systems for $3.06 billion.
- Providing guidance to multiple Fortune 500 companies on environmental regulatory requirements under environmental laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and the Toxic Substances Control Act.
- Served as a policy and research adviser on the House of Representative Energy and Commerce Committee and as legislative assistant to Congressman Frank Pallone Jr.
Honors & Awards
Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll (2018)
- Winner of the 2017 Law360/Burton Distinguished Legal Writing Awards
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2015
Managing Editor, Georgetown Environmental Law Review
B.A., The George Washington University, 2008
magna cum laude, Elliott School of International Affairs Special Honors
District of Columbia