Awards & Rankings 06.09.22
Jon Russo is co-leader of Pillsbury’s Mergers & Acquisitions group and has handled hundreds of M&A transactions, private equity investments, venture capital financings and securities offerings. He is recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. as a “Leading Lawyer.”
Jon advises clients in public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, private equity investments, venture capital financings and securities offerings. He also regularly provides counsel to clients on corporate governance, SEC disclosure and reporting requirements and general corporate matters. He represents public and private companies, investment banks, private equity firms and family offices in a broad range of industries including technology, health care, life sciences, hospitality, media and consumer & retail.
- Advised Cenntro Automotive Group Limited, a designer and manufacturer of electric commercial vehicles, on its pending combination with Naked Brand Group Limited.
- Advised Bal Seal Engineering, Inc. in its $330 million sale to Kaman Corporation.
- Representation of Hoya Corporation as a consortium member in connection with Bain Capital's $17.8 billion acquisition of Toshiba's Flash Memory Chip Business.
- Representative M&A Matters
- Advised UltraV Holdings LLC in its acquisition of Relativity Media LLC
- Advised Phoenix Venture Fund in the sale of Xplore Technologies Corp. to Zebra Technologies Corporation
- Advised ProZyme, Inc. in its sale to Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Advised Spin Master Corp. in its purchase of the GUND plush toy line from Enesco LLC.
- Advised Spin Master Corp. in its acquisition of Swimways Corp.
- Advised Ufinet Telecom SAV in its acquisition of IFX Networks, LLC
- Advised Xplore Technologies Corp. in its acquisition of Motion Computing Inc.
- Advised Laboratory Partners Inc. in the sale of four divisions.
- Advised Ideal Snacks and Medora Snacks in their sale to Permira.
- Advised Visual Sonics Inc. in its sale to SonoSite Inc.
- Advised Elsevier in its acquisitions of a comprehensive drug database provider and of an evidence-based clinical content provider.
- Advised a major media company in the acquisition of an online sports network.
- Advised a major media company in a private equity investment in an online sports ticket operator.
- Advised Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corporation in its sale to H. Lundbeck A/S.
- Advised Laboratory Partners Inc. in its acquisition of seven medical laboratory companies.
- Advised Phoenix Venture Fund in its acquisition of Banner Aerospace.
- Advised Westcom Technologies Corp. in its acquisition of Lexar.
- Represented SoftBank Group Corp. in its CAD $99 million investment in Nemaska Lithium Inc.
- Advised a private equity firm in the recapitalization of two publicly traded technology companies.
- Advised a publicly traded REIT in its acquisition of twelve hotels.
- Advised numerous independent cable television and cellular companies in their sale to leading cable television and cellular providers.
- Advised two property and casualty insurance brokerage companies in their sale.
- Advised numerous financial advisors in merger and acquisition transactions, restructurings and recapitalizations.
- Representative Securities Offerings
- Advised the CEO of Canada Goose Holdings as a selling shareholder in its IPO and two follow-on offerings.
- Advised the underwriters in a follow-on offering by Ammo, Inc.
- Advised the underwriters in four follow-on offerings by Asure Software, Inc.
- Advised the underwriters in a follow-on offering by TransAct Technologies Incorporated.
- Advised the underwriters in a follow-on offering by Charles & Colvard, Ltd.
- Advised the underwriters in a follow-on offering by XpresSpa Group Inc.
- Advised the underwriters in a follow-on offering by Air Industries Group.
- Advised the underwriters in two follow-on offerings by BG Staffing, Inc.
- Advised the underwriters in a follow-on offering by Lannett Company, Inc.
- Advised the underwriters in the IPO of Keryx Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Advised the underwriters in the IPO of LXR Biotechnology.
- Advised the underwriters in the IPO of Cobra Industries Inc.
- Advised the underwriters in the IPO of Bigmar, Inc.
- Advised SG Cowen in a registered direct transaction by Kosan Biosciences.
- Advised Xplore Technologies Corp. in a follow-on offering.
- Advised iSign Solutions Inc. in a follow-on offering.
- Advised Visible Genetics Inc. in its IPO.
- Advised Arel Communications in its IPO.
- Advised Ariely Advertising Ltd. in its IPO.
- Co-leader of Pillsbury’s Mergers & Acquisitions group
- Leading Lawyer, The Legal 500 U.S., M&A (2019 – 2021)
- Energy & Industrials Deal of the Year – The Deal Middle Market Awards 2020
Honors & Awards
- Global Consortium Deal of the Year – M&A Atlas Global Markets Awards 2019
- M&A Deal of the Year: North Asia – The Asian Lawyer 2017
- 11th Annual M&A Advisor’s Turnaround Award 2016 Financials Deal of the Year
- “Two Noteworthy Delaware Court Rulings on Controlling Stockholder Transactions,” published in VC Experts, August 2010. Co-author.
- “Securities Act Rule 144A and Portal,” published in Rule 144A: The Expanded Private Placement Market (Prentice Hall Law & Business), 1991 Associations. Co-author.
J.D., Quinnipiac University School of Law, 1986
Editor, Law Review
B.A., University of Bridgeport, 1983
Law clerk to the Hon. William H. Timbers, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (1987-1988)
Law clerk to the Hon. Ricardo H. Hinojosa in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas (1986-1987)