Steve is our ‘go-to’ attorney and trusted advisor not only because of his extensive experience in all types of real estate transactions, but also because of his accessibility, patience and willingness to affect pragmatic resolutions.
Steve Hamilton, Pillsbury’s San Diego Real Estate practice leader, has extensive experience in structuring, negotiating and closing real estate finance and commercial leasing deals.
Steve represents lenders in originating, restructuring and working out construction, term and permanent loans, lines of credit and letters of credit for projects ranging from housing subdivisions, retail centers and office buildings to warehouses, hotels and senior/assisted living facilities. In addition, Steve works with tenants and landlords in negotiating commercial leases, subleases, letters of intent and related work letters.
- Represented the lender regarding syndicated construction loans to the developer of assisted living facilities in Portland, Ore., and Prescott, Ariz.
- Advised the lender in a term loan transaction secured by a hotel project in downtown San Diego, California.
- Provided lender representation on a loan transaction to acquire office towers in Oakland, Calif.
- Co-Authored “Lenders Beware: Default Interest Provisions Within Acceleration Clauses Are Not Automatically Triggered by Maturity,” published as a Pillsbury Client Alert in 2012.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. in Real Estate (2017).
- BTI Client Service All-Stars (2018)
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1999
B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 1996
with highest honors