Media Coverage 09.07.17
A superb attorney who will save your company time and money through her expert and thorough legal analysis.
Elina Teplinsky, a key member of Pillsbury’s International Nuclear Projects team, focuses on international nuclear energy matters, including advice to U.S. and global clients on transactional and regulatory issues.
Elina is a trusted advisor to nuclear owner-operators, reactor and equipment suppliers, architect-engineering companies and technical consulting firms on complex nuclear transactional and regulatory matters. She provides strategic advice on structuring and negotiating engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts, equipment supply agreements, and nuclear fuel supply agreements. She has deep experience negotiating agreements for protection against liability for nuclear damage. Clients frequently call on Elina for advice on nuclear trade and export control issues.
Representing Akkuyu Nükleer A.Ş. on the development, structuring and financing of the 4800MW Akkuyu NPP, the first nuclear power plant in Turkey.
Representing a nuclear project developer in the implementation of a new nuclear project in South America.
Represented the Ad Hoc Utility Group (AHUG) in drafting several sets of comments in response to the U.S. Department of Energy’s proposed amendments to its 10 CFR Part 810 rules.
Honors & Awards
- DC 30 Under 30 Award, Legal Bisnow (2008)
- Profiled as a key member of Pillsbury’s Latin Lawyer 250-ranked practice in the region
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Speaking Engagements
- “Development of Nuclear Projects in Emerging Nuclear Nations: Key Issues,” presented at the Istanbul International Nuclear Power Plants Summit,” Istanbul, March 8, 2016.
- “Managing Licensing Risk in Nuclear Construction,” presented at the Latin America Nuclear Summit, Buenos Aires, January 27, 2016.
- “Global Nuclear Energy Development Outlook,” 4th Annual Nuclear Energy Development Summit, Istanbul, October 1-2, 2015.
- “Incorporating Lessons Learned into Nuclear Contracting,” presented at the Asia Nuclear Business Platform, Hong Kong, April 23, 2015.
- “Considerations in Structuring Bankable Nuclear Projects,” presented at the New Nuclear International Conference, Dead Sea, Jordan, February 25, 2015.
- “New Reactor Licensing Structures: Issues for Consideration for Emerging Nuclear Countries,” presented at Nuclear Power Asia, Kuala Lumpur, January 26, 2015.
- “New Nuclear Procurement: Evolution of Project Structures and Contracting Mechanisms,” presented with Li Zhang at the Asia Nuclear Business Platform, Hong Kong, February 20, 2013.
- “Latest Trends and Developments for Small Scale Nuclear Reactors,” Synergy’s 4th Nuclear Power Asia 2013 Conference, Kuala Lumpur, January 15-16, 2013.
- “Nuclear Export Controls 101,” November 29, 2012. Presented at the 4th Annual Pillsbury-NEI Export Controls for the Nuclear Renaissance: Hot Button Issues and New Developments, Washington, DC.
- “Harnessing the International Nuclear Market for National Nuclear Success,” September 13, 2012. Presented at the World Nuclear Association’s 37th Annual Symposium, London.
- “Complying with Restrictions on Foreign, Dual and Third Country Nationals and Visitors,” March 27, 2012. Presented at the American Conference Institute’s 2nd National Advanced Summit on Complying with Nuclear Export Controls, Washington, DC.
- “Nuclear Project Risk Profile and Mitigation,” Synergy’s 3rd Nuclear Power Asia 2012 Conference, Kuala Lumpur, January 31 – February 1, 2012.
- “Key Issues in Nuclear Export Controls,” December 8, 2011. Presented at the 3rd Annual Pillsbury-NEI Export Controls for the Nuclear Renaissance: Hot Button Issues and New Developments, Washington, DC.
- “Global Perspective on Nuclear Power Reactors: Globalization of the Nuclear Industry, Trends and Related Legal Issues,” May 9, 2011. Presented at the 2011 North American Young Generation in Nuclear (NA-YGN) Annual Conference, Washington, DC.
- “Nuclear Export Controls,” March 15, 2011. Two-Part Series Webinar hosted by the American Bar Association Section of International Law, Washington, DC.
- “Nuclear Export Controls 101,” November 2010. Presented at the 2nd Annual Pillsbury-NEI Export Controls for the Nuclear Renaissance: Hot Button Issues and New Developments, Washington, DC.
- “Import/Export Regulation of Nuclear Fuel and Related Technology,” July 2010. Presented at the Nuclear Energy Institute Nuclear Fuel Supply Forum.
- “DOE’s Part 810 Regulations,” November 2009. Presented at the Pillsbury-NEI Export Controls for the Nuclear Renaissance: Hot Button Issues and New Developments, Washington, DC.
- “Controlling the Trade in E= mc2: Export Controls at the Department of Energy and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission,” December 2009. Presented at the Practising Law Institute Coping with U.S. Export Controls 2009, Washington, DC.
- “Nuclear Export Controls: DOE Part 810 Regulations,” November 2008. Presented at the Department of Energy Contractor Attorneys’ Association (DOECAA) 2008 Fall Conference, Chicago.
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2006
Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award
B.S., International RelationsInternational Politics, Georgetown University, 2002
District of Columbia