Press Release 06.04.19
Mike Lepre has more than 20 years of experience representing domestic and foreign generators of nuclear power, and vendors of nuclear power plant components, in transactional, litigation and regulatory matters.
Mike negotiates complex commercial contracts, especially those involving the purchase of uranium fuel, services, and equipment for nuclear power plants, as well as for the engineering, procurement and construction of nuclear facilities. Mike advises vendors and utilities with respect to all regulatory and commercial aspects of nuclear plant decommissioning projects. He also represents his nuclear industry clients in litigation, arbitration, and mediation of disputes arising under their contracts. And he regularly appears in licensing and other federal and state regulatory proceedings on behalf of energy companies and utilities.
- Representing various entities in acquisitions or license stewardship transactions regarding decommissioning of nuclear power plants.
- Represented winning bidder (an asset management company) in its acquisition of Westinghouse Electric Company’s nuclear business.
- Represented private equity firm it its acquisition of a Waste Control Specialists, a nuclear waste disposal facility.
- Represented vendor of nuclear plant components in multi-billion-dollar international arbitration regarding a breach of contract dispute that led to permanent closure of a nuclear power plant.
- Represented Duke Energy in its proceeding before the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to obtain a license to construct and operate a new nuclear power plant on a greenfield site in Florida.
- Represented a public utility in a $500 million federal court litigation regarding early termination of an engineering, procurement and construction contract for a new nuclear power plant.
- Drafted and negotiated fuel and equipment procurement contracts, including conversion, enrichment, and fabrication agreements, for numerous domestic and foreign generators of nuclear power.
- Drafted and negotiated contracts on behalf of vendor supplying components to operating nuclear power plants and plants under construction.
- Drafted and negotiated various contracts relating to research project regarding the production of medical isotopes.
- Representing Florida Power and Light Co. in proceedings before the NRC to own and operate a new nuclear power plant at its Turkey Point site.
- Represented AmerenUE in proceeding before the NRC to own and operate a new nuclear power plant at its Callaway site.
- Represented various utilities on negotiating engineering, procurement, and construction contracts for new nuclear power plants.
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Federal Energy Bar Association
J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 1988
B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1985
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia and Federal Circuits
U.S. Court of Federal Claims