Press Release 10.14.21
I can’t state strongly enough the value that Stan brings. In financing/M&A, you want the right person looking out for you, someone who knows all the traps and all the players. Stan is the best ‘lifeguard’ you can possibly have.
Stan Pierson, leader of Pillsbury’s Emerging Growth & Venture Capital Group, represents technology companies and investors in venture capital and securities transactions, including private placements, M&A and corporate partnerships.
Stan's securities and general corporate representation includes work with many emerging companies as well as larger companies. Representative clients include Alkira, BluBracket, Datometry, DRW, eGain, Identiv, Infinitus Systems, Kasten, Katana Graph, Netskope, Nikola, Nod, Nordsense, NuVia, Puloli, Reflektion, Selector Software and Vera Security. Representative investor clients include Oak Hill Venture Partners and U.S. Venture Partners. Representative public offerings include the IPOs of eGain Communications Corp., Meru Networks and Critical Path Inc.
- Represented P.A. Semi throughout its venture financing, growth and ultimate sale to Apple Inc.
- Represented Tensilica Inc., from inception through its sale to Cadence for over $400 million.
- Represented SiByte Inc. from inception through its $2 billion merger with Broadcom.
- Handled more than 500 private placements of securities during 25+ years of practice in the Silicon Valley.
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA, Investment Funds: Venture Capital—National (2009-2010)
- The Legal 500 U.S., Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (2009, 2014-2015) and Energy: Transactions: Conventional Power (2019)
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law
B.A., Stanford University