Media Coverage 08.24.22
Regarded as a 'Next-Generation Lawyer' and a 'Rising Star' in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions.
Stephen Amdur, leader of Pillsbury’s Private Equity team, has extensive experience in high-profile, multibillion-dollar mergers and acquisitions. He has been called “one of the great counselors to the world of corporate America and business” by DealBook founder Andrew Ross Sorkin. He is recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. as a “Next-Generation Lawyer” and by Law360 as a “Rising Star” in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions.
Steve operates a broad practice that spans public and private companies, private equity and venture capital investment funds, and covers a variety of industries including technology, financial services, life sciences, media, sports, retail, chemicals, energy, telecommunications and manufacturing. He advises on all manner of mergers and acquisitions, public and private financings, tender offers and joint ventures and is frequently engaged to guide transactions that involve U.S. and foreign companies.
- Represented The Raine Group in numerous matters, including with respect to its growth equity investments in Foursquare Labs, DraftKings Inc., Propagate Content, Huuuge, Olo, Play Games24x7, Beachbody and Televisa-Univision, as lead financial advisor to Sprint Corporation in connection with its $59 billion merger with T-Mobile US Inc.
- Represented Chelsea Football Club in its £4.25 billion acquisition by a consortium led by Todd Boehly, chairman and CEO of Eldridge, a private investment company, and Clearlake Capital Group, L.P.
- Represented Inphi Corp. in its $10 billion sale to Marvell Technologies.
- Represented Sembcorp Marine Ltd. as US Counsel in its $6.29 billion merger with Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd.
- Represented Nikola Corporation in its $3.3 billion de-SPAC merger with VectoIQ Acquisition Corp.
- Represented Invitae in its $1.4 billion acquisition of ArcherDX.
- Represented Actavis plc in numerous matters, including the $25 billion acquisition of Forest Laboratories, the $8.5 billion acquisition of Warner Chilcott plc and the $5.65 billion acquisition of Actavis Group by the former Watson Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented KKR & Co. L.P. in numerous matters, including the $2.4 billion acquisition of Sedgwick, the acquisition of Alliant Insurance Services from The Blackstone Group and the acquisition of Internet Brands from Hellman & Friedman and JMI Equity.
- Represented JUUL Labs, Inc. in the $12.8 billion investment by Altria Group, Inc.
- Represented Foursquare Labs in numerous matters, including its merger with Factual Inc., its acquisition of Placed Inc. from Snap Inc. and its acquisition of Unfolded, Inc.
- Represented Leonard Green & Partners in numerous matters, including the $3 billion acquisition, along with TPG Capital, of J. Crew, the $1.6 billion acquisition of Jo-Ann Stores and the $225 million acquisition of Lucky Brand Jeans.
- Represented Odyssey Investment Partners in numerous matters, including the acquisition of Pexco LLC, the $496 million sale of Pexco Aerospace to TransDigm Group Incorporated, the sale of Pexco to affiliates of Kohlberg & Co. and the sale of Duravant to affiliates of Warburg Pincus.
- Represented WestJet Airlines Ltd. in its $3.7 billion sale to Onex Corp.
- Represented NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC, a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, Inc. in its $1 billion acquisition of Trans Bay Cable, LLC and in its $660 million acquisition of GridLiance from Blackstone Energy Partners.
- Represented NextEra Energy Partners in its pending $733 million acquisition of 391-megawatt portfolio of operating wind assets from Brookfield Renewable.
- Represented Atlas Copco on its acquisition of Perceptron, Inc.
- Represented Holtec International on its acquisition of the Oyster Creek nuclear power station in New Jersey from Exelon Generation.
- Represented ComplySci in connection with a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners.
- Represented CA Technologies in its acquisition of SourceClear.
- Represented Standard Media Group LLC (an affiliate of Standard General L.P.) in its $441.7 million acquisition of nine television stations from Sinclair Broadcast Group (since terminated).
- Represented Atalaya Capital Management in numerous matters, including with respect to its investments in Communications Tower Group and Torrecom and the sale of Veritas Finance to White Oak Commercial Finance.
- Represented Allen & Company as financial advisor in numerous matters, including to the special committee of RLJ Entertainment, Inc. in connection with its $274 million acquisition by AMC Networks Inc.
- Represented the board of directors of DraftKings Inc. in connection with its announced merger of equals with FanDuel Inc. (since withdrawn).
- Represented Caesars Acquisition Company in numerous matters, including its $3.2 billion merger with Caesars Entertainment Corporation.
- Represented Cartesian Capital in numerous matters, including with respect to its investments in GrupoTorreSur, Network Management Services and BTS Torres.
- Represented Rural/Metro Corporation in its $620 million acquisition by Envision Healthcare.
- Represented Alliant Insurance Services in numerous matters, including the acquisition of the U.S. Agencies business from QBE.
- Represented Navig8 Crude Tankers Inc. in its $3 billion stock-for-stock merger with General Maritime Corporation.
- Represented Global Crossing in its $3 billion stock-for-stock merger with Level 3.
- Represented Colony NorthStar in the sale of the equity and substantially all of the assets of Colony American Finance, LLC to certain funds managed by affiliates of Fortress Investment Group LLC.
- Represented E-Land Group in the attempted acquisition of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Represented Goldman Sachs & Co. as financial advisor to The Anheuser-Busch Companies Inc. in its $52 billion acquisition by InBev S.A. and to Zillow in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Trulia.
- Represented AlpInvest Partners, The Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group, Hellman & Friedman, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and Thomas H. Lee Partners in the €8.7 billion acquisition of VNU NV.
- Represented LS Power Equity Partners in numerous matters, including its $1.5 billion acquisition of power generation assets from, and termination of joint venture with, Dynegy Inc., the $1.54 billion acquisition of Duke Energy North America’s fleet of power generation assets, and numerous acquisitions and dispositions of power generation assets and portfolios.
- Represented Energy Capital Partners as a member of the acquisition consortium in connection with the $31.8 billion buyout of TXU Corporation.
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners in the $7.2 billion acquisition of Puget Energy by a consortium led by Macquarie Infrastructure Partners.
- Represented Ares Capital Corporation in the acquisitions of the Senior Secured Loan Fund and the Allied Capital Senior Debt Fund from Allied Capital.
- Represented Sabre Holdings in the $5 billion take private sale to Texas Pacific Group and Silver Lake Partners.
- Represented Electric Lightwave Inc. (formerly known as Integra Telecom) in numerous matters, including with respect to an investment by Searchlight Capital Partners LP, its acquisition of opticAccess and X2, and its $1.42 billion sale to Zayo Group Holdings.
- Represented Adecco SA in numerous matters, including the $1.289 billion acquisition of MPS Group Inc., the acquisition of Drake Beam Morin from Compass Partners and the acquisition of Mullin International.
- Represented JP Morgan Securities as financial advisor to Olin in its $5 billion Reverse Morris Trust combination with the chlorine business of Dow Chemical, to Exelis in its $4.75 billion merger with Harris Corporation and to Merck in its $9.5 billion acquisition of Cubist.
- Represented JP Morgan Securities as financial advisor to Wright Medical Group in its $3.3 billion merger with Tornier, MAKO Surgical Corp. in its $1.65 billion acquisition by Stryker Corporation and to Pfizer in its $3.6 billion acquisition of King Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented CCMP Capital Advisors LLC and PQ Corporation in the $1.515 billion sale of Niagara Holdings and PQ Corporation to The Carlyle Group.
- Represented Harvest Partners SCF, LP in its $250 million investment in OTG Management.
- Represented Société Générale in the minority equity investment in Rockefeller Financial Services and formation of a global alliance with its subsidiary, Rockefeller & Co. Inc.
- Represented Solar Capital in its acquisition of Capital One’s Healthcare Life Science Finance portfolio.
- Represented Simeio Solutions in its strategic partnership with Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe.
- Represented Delta Electronics, Inc. in its acquisition of Amerlux, LLC.
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions by Law360 (2019).
- Recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. for M&A (2019 – 2021, 2017 as a “Next-Generation Lawyer”).
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions by New York Super Lawyers (2013 – 2019).
- 2021 Law360 Private Equity Editorial Advisory Board member
- 2018 Law360 Mergers & Acquisitions Editorial Advisory Board member
- Term member of the Council on Foreign Relations
- 2018 Emerging Leader Award, M&A Advisor
J.D., Columbia University School of Law
B.A., Yale University