Press Release 11.05.20
Very knowledgeable of the applicable laws and regulations, practical in understanding the business side of an issue, and timely in responding to any and all inquiries.
Carrie Bonnington, leader of Pillsbury’s Wine, Beer & Spirits Law practice and co-leader of the Restaurant, Food & Beverage Industry Team, is recognized in Chambers USA for her mastery of alcohol beverage laws and regulations.
Highly regarded for her extensive alcohol beverage industry knowledge, Carrie represents wineries, breweries, distilleries, importers, distributors and retailers (on- and off-sale) in regulatory, transactional and litigation matters. She advises on advertising, promotional, marketing, and other trade practice and tied house issues. Carrie represents licensees in state alcohol beverage regulatory administrative proceedings and trials, and structures multifaceted deals relating to sponsorships, winemaking, distribution, acquisitions, and other similar matters.
- Providing national alcohol beverage regulatory advice for major suppliers, including advising on marketing and advertising practices.
- Representing non-licensed entities in connection with alcohol beverage laws throughout the United States.
- Representing retailers such as casinos, hotels, restaurants and bars in connection with alcohol beverage laws.
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Food & Beverages: Alcohol – National (2014 – 2020), Super Lawyers (2019 – 2020), Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" (2014 – 2018), the Sacramento Business Journal as “Best in the Bar” (2018) and the Daily Journal as one of California’s “Top 40 Under 40” lawyers (2017).
- Appointed to the National Conference of State Liquor Administrators Executive Committee as the Associate Member representative (2019 - 2021)
- Co-Author of “The Challenges of the Evolving Marijuana Industry: Reconciling State Legislation with Federal Prohibition,” published in Law360 on April 21, 2016.
- Teaches Wine Law at the University of California, Berkeley Law, and frequently lectures at the University of California, Davis, and at national alcohol beverage regulatory conferences.
J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2003
with distinction, Member of the Traynor Honor Society; Comment Primary Editor, McGeorge Law Review; Mock Trial Competition Team Member; American Board of Trial Attorneys Student Advocate of the Year; Top Advocate Ben Frantz Mock Trial Competition;
B.A., University of California, Davis, 2000
U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
All state courts in California