Press Release 09.17.19
Pillsbury M&A partner Jarrod Murphy has extensive experience advising public and private companies and private equity sponsors (including their portfolio companies) in connection with a wide variety of complex, high-profile corporate matters.
Jarrod’s broad corporate practice encompasses all aspects of private and public M&A and related corporate advisory work, including both domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, spin-offs, corporate restructurings, minority investments, capital markets transactions and corporate governance matters. Highly regarded as a private equity specialist with a deep knowledge of the market, Jarrod has advised on the buy-side and sell-side for numerous sponsors and their portfolio companies, including with respect to both majority and minority investments and co-investments, divestitures, take-privates and other major corporate transactions.
Complementing his significant private equity experience, Jarrod’s industry experience spans the infrastructure, energy, technology, financial services, manufacturing, media, consumer & retail and telecommunications sectors, among others. Over the last decade, Jarrod has also advised on some of the most significant and high-profile sponsor-led infrastructure M&A transactions in North America, involving utilities, energy assets, roads, waste services and other major infrastructure assets and projects.
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners on numerous acquisitions and dispositions, including the sale of the Chicago Skyway to a consortium of investors comprising CPPIB, Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan for $2.8 billion.
- Represented CVC Capital Partners on numerous transactions, including in connection with the acquisition by CVC and CPPIB of Petco from a consortium of investors led by TPG and Leonard Green & Partners for $4.6 billion.
- Represented Littlejohn & Co. on numerous acquisitions and dispositions, including its sale of Newgistics to Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE: PBI) for $475 million.
- Represented Evergreen Coast Capital, the private equity arm of Elliott Management Corporation, in connection with the take-private acquisition of Gigamon Inc. (NYSE: GIMO) by Evergreen and Qatar Investment Authority for approximately $1.6 billion.
- Represented Littlejohn & Co. LLC on its acquisition of The Cook & Boardman Group from Ridgemont Equity Partners.
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners on its sale of Aquarion Water Company to Eversource Energy (NYSE: ES) for approximately $1.68 billion.
- Represented RoundTable Healthcare Partners on its take-private acquisition of Symmetry Surgical Inc. (Nasdaq: SSRG).
- Represented Littlejohn & Co. LLC on its acquisition of Strategic Materials from Willis Stein & Partners.
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners in the $445 million sale of its remaining 50% stake in Virginia’s Dulles Greenway.
- Represented Symmetry Surgical Inc., a portfolio company of RoundTable Healthcare Partners, on its acquisition of the Reddick surgical assets of LeMaitre Vascular (Nasdaq: LMAT).
- Represented Rhone Group on its $500 million investment in Hudson Bay Company.
- Represented Littlejohn & Co. LLC on its acquisition of PlayPower from Apollo.
- Represented CVC Capital Partners on the divestment of its remaining investment in Univar Inc. (NYSE: UNVR).
- Represented Elliott Management Corporation on its co-investment in Polycom, in connection with Siris Capital Group’s acquisition of Polycom for approximately $2 billion.
- Represented Symmetry Surgical Inc. on its acquisition of the Core business segment of Bovie Medical Corporation (NYSE: BVX).
- Represented Littlejohn & Co in connection with its acquisition of Tidel Inc. from Graham Partners.
- Represented Goldman Sachs on its acquisition of Tienda Inglesa, Uruguay’s largest supermarket chain.
- Represented Littlejohn & Co. LLC on its acquisition of Brown Jordan International.
- Represented Evergreen Coast Capital with respect to its co-investment in connection with Silver Lake Partners’ acquisition of Cast & Crew Entertainment Services.
- Represented L Catterton on its acquisition of Uncle Julio’s from J.H. Whitney Capital Partners.
- Represented Littlejohn & Co. LLC on its acquisition of Motion Recruitment Partners from Gridiron Capital.
- Represented Elliott Management Corporation in connection with the sale of MSC Software to Hexagon AB for $834 million.
- Represented Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) with respect to its co-investment in Ten-X, in connection with the Thomas H. Lee Partners’-led acquisition of Ten-X.
- Represented PlayPower, a portfolio company of Littlejohn & Co. LLC, in connection with its acquisition of Playworld Systems Inc.
- Represented Ansaldo Energia S.p.A. on its acquisition of Power Systems Manufacturing and related assets for approximately €120 million from General Electric.
- Represented Evergreen Coast Capital Corporation with respect to its preferred equity investment in connection with Vista Equity Partners’ acquisition of DH Corporation for $3.6 billion.
- Represented ADIA on its co-investment in Blackhawk Networks, in connection with the Silver Lake Partners’-led acquisition of Blackhawk Network Holdings for $3.5 billion.
- Represented Petco, a portfolio company of CVC Capital, on the acquisition of Petcoach.
- Represented Fender Musical Instruments Corporation, a portfolio company of TPG, on its sale of KMC.
- Represented ADIA on its co-investment in the Financial & Risk business of Thomson Reuters, in connection with the Blackstone-led acquisition of the same for approximately $17 billion.
- Represented Chobani in connection with the redemption of TPG’s stake, and the concurrent 20% investment by The Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (Hoopp Capital Partners), in Chobani.
- Represented GCL Poly-Energy Holdings on its acquisition of SunEdison Solar Materials.
- Represented UBS Investment Bank in connection with its investment in Pico Quantitative Trading and subsequent capital raising rounds.
- Represented PlayPower, a portfolio company of Littlejohn & Co. LLC, in connection with its acquisition of Playtime LLC.
- Represented Hudson Clean Energy Partners LP as majority shareholder of Calisolar Inc., in Calisolar's stock-for-stock acquisition of 6N Silicon Inc., including a follow-on investment in Calisolar.
- Represented White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd (NYSE: WTM) on various acquisitions, divestments and joint ventures, including the divestment of its Esurance and Answer Financial businesses for $700 million.
- Represented E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (NYSE: DD), major shareholder of Merrimac Industries Inc. (AMEX: MRM), with respect to the tender offer and subsequent acquisition of Merrimac by Crane Co. (NYSE: CR).
- Represented DRI Capital (a privately-held investment management company focused on the health care industry) on a number of acquisitions of pharmaceutical royalty streams and related assets, including those of Enzon Pharmaceuticals Inc., and the ENBREL pharmaceutical assets of The General Hospital Corporation.
- Represented Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) subsidiary Home Box Office, Inc., on various joint ventures and acquisitions, including acting for HBO Asia Holdings LLC in its acquisition of Universal Studio's and Sony's partnership interests in HBO Pacific Partners, V.O.F.
- Represented Safe Bulkers Inc., a leading international provider of marine dry bulk transportation services, in its initial public offering on the NYSE of 10 million common shares.
- Represented Costamare (NYSE: CMRE) on its corporate reorganization, capital raising strategy and IPO on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE: BMY) in its $7.4 billion split-off of its 83.1% holding in Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (NYSE: MJN), through an exchange offer with existing shareholders of BMY.
- Represented Fonterra on the reorganization of its Latin American strategic alliance and joint venture arrangements with Nestlé in Brazil, Ecuador and Venezuela.
- Represented Pacific Equity Partners, as part of a private equity consortium with CCMP Capital Asia, on its acquisition of Independent Liquor (NZ) Ltd for NZ$1.3 billion, and its subsequent sale to Asahi.
LL.B. (Hons), University of Auckland
B.A., University of Auckland