Awards & Rankings 10.31.22
Veronica Nunn represents companies and private equity sponsors in liquidity events and other complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, investments, joint ventures, reorganizations and equity financings. She also advises companies on general corporate matters. She is well-regarded for her practicality and market knowledge in M&A.
Veronica has extensive experience advising clients in both the energy and technology sectors, and has worked with clients in a variety of other industries including sports, retail, media, life-sciences, education and business services. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Veronica worked as a consultant and coder for a financial technology company and currently serves on the advisory board of a data-driven start-up.
- Chelsea Football Club in its acquisition by a consortium led by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital.
- NTT Data in its acquisition of digital transformation company Vectorform.
- 24 Exchange Bermuda in its acquisition of the assets of 11B Technologies, a provider of risk management systems for FX Spot, FX Swaps, FX NDF, Crypto Spot and Crypto NDFs.
- Foursquare Labs. in its acquisition of Unfolded, Inc., a geospatial analytics and visualizations platform.
- NextEra Energy Partners in its acquisition of an approximately 400-megawatt portfolio of long-term contracted wind assets from Brookfield Renewable.
- The Raine Group in its investment into Univision Holdings, Inc. in connection with its merger with Grupo Televisa, S.A.B.
- NTT Data in its acquisition of Postlight LLC, a digital strategy, design and engineering company.
- NextEra Energy Partners in its acquisition of GridLiance, an independent electric transmission holding company, from affiliates of Blackstone for approximately $660 million.
- Foursquare Labs, Inc. in its merger with Factual, Inc., a location-based technology and data company.
- Represented Energy Future Holdings in its $18.8 billion sale to Sempra Energy.
- Represented WGL Holdings in connection with its $6.4 billion sale to AltaGas, Ltd.
- Represented MidOcean Partners in the sale of System One (a professional staffing firm) to Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- Represented an independent refiner in connection with the elimination of incentive distribution rights by its affiliated MLP in exchange for common units.
- Represented an NYSE-listed multinational oil and natural gas services company in a cross-border sale of a division of its business.
- Represented a financial services firm in the consolidation of a multi-investor partnership.
- Represented a national health care company in its sale to a strategic purchaser.
- Represented a commodity company in its sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented an independent oil refining company in its multibillion merger of equals.
- Represented an NYSE-listed applied technology company in a bolt-on acquisition.
- Represented a retail energy provider in its acquisition of a majority interest of an energy services company.
- Represented a private equity fund in the formation of a joint venture and its bid into Mexico’s offshore oil auction.
- Represented a private equity fund in its $1 billion exit from a medical data company.
- Represented Energy Future Holdings in its $18.7 billion sale to NextEra Energy and the separation of its operating businesses.
- Represented Southcross Holdings LP, a gas gathering, compression and transportation holdco, and its subsidiaries (including Southcross Energy Partners L.P.) in the implementation of its restructuring through a prepackaged chapter 11 bankruptcy—the first sponsor-backed, prepackaged bankruptcy in the oil and gas industry.
- Represented a private investor in connection with the acquisition of interests in an E&P joint venture.
- Represented the Blackstone Group in connection with the formation of the Vine Oil & Gas joint venture and the subsequent purchase of Haynesville Shale assets from Royal Dutch Shell.
- Represented EIG Global Energy Partners in its definitive agreement to invest $1 billion in Breitburn Energy Partners LP, through the purchase of $650 million of senior secured second lien notes and $350 million of perpetual convertible preferred units.
- Represented an Alaska regional corporation in forming a joint venture gas storage company.
- Represented an MLP in its acquisition of a storage facility with millions of barrels of capacity and its related rail facilities.
- Represented Strayer Education in its $1.9 billion merger of equals with Capella Education Company.
- Represented an ASX-listed technical service provider in its acquisition of a privately held oil and gas services company
- Represented an NYSE-listed energy company in its multibillion-dollar redomestication from Delaware to the UK.
- Fellow, 2022 Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity Program
- Veronica has served as a lecturer-in-law at the University of Pennsylvania Carey School of Law, where she taught a practical skills course on contract drafting.
- Women’s Energy Network
- American Bar Association
- Speaking Engagements
- Moderator, 2022 Austin Liquidity Summit “Managing Growth in Volatile Markets” with Kiwi Camara, CEO of DISCO, and Shyam Kamadolli, Managing Director of Fine Structure Ventures.
- Moderator, The Deal’s Webcast on Energy & Infrastructure M&A and Investing for Net-Zero: 2022 Outlook, with Sesh Raghavan, Managing Director, Power, Utilities & Renewables, Evercore, Sandeep Mor, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, Sempra Energy, Caroline McGeough, Operating Partner, Energy Impact Partners, and Rahu Advani, CEO and Managing Partner, SER Capital Partners.
- Panelist, The American Bar Association’s Business Law Section’s Spring 2022 Meeting for the program entitled “Case Law Matters: Drafting and ‘Control’ Lessons that Every Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Lawyer Should Learn, But Not the Hard Way.”
- Presenter, The American Bar Association’s Business Law M&A Jurisprudence Subcommittee Meeting on the topic of the Delaware Court of Chancery’s March 2022 ruling in Level 4 Yoga, LLC v. CorePower Yoga.
- Firm Publications
- U.S. M&A: Finding Opportunities in the Unknown, 2022 Edition a collaboration with Mergermarket
- My Brother’s Keeper: When Do Minority Stockholders Risk Being Considered “Controllers” of a Delaware Corporation?, Authors: Nathaniel M. Cartmell III, Andrew M. Troop, Stephen B. Amdur, Jarrod D. Murphy, Veronica T. Nunn, 07/28/2020
- When the Negotiator of Deal Terms Is Negotiating Personal Compensation: Lessons for Board Members, Authors: Nathaniel M. Cartmell III, Bruce A. Ericson, Justin D. Hovey, Stephen B. Amdur, Jonathan M. Ocker, Jarrod D. Murphy, Veronica T. Nunn, 07/08/2020
J.D., Stanford Law School, 2010
B.A., Amherst College, 2004
District of Columbia