Press Release 05.21.21
Veronica Nunn is a corporate lawyer who represents public companies and private equity funds in complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, investments, joint ventures and reorganizations.
Veronica has extensive experience advising clients in the energy sector, and has worked with clients in other industries including health care, technology, education and business services.
In addition, Veronica is a lecturer at the University of Pennsylvania School of Law, where she teaches a class on contract drafting.
- Represented Energy Future Holdings in its $18.8 billion sale to Sempra Energy.
- Represented WGL Holdings in connection with its $6.4 billion sale to AltaGas, Ltd.
- Represented MidOcean Partners in the sale of System One (a professional staffing firm) to Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- Represented an independent refiner in connection with the elimination of incentive distribution rights by its affiliated MLP in exchange for common units.
- Represented an NYSE-listed multi-national oil and natural gas services company in a cross-border sale of a division of its business.
- Represented a financial services firm in the consolidation of a multi-investor partnership.
- Represented a national health care company in its sale to a strategic purchaser.
- Represented a commodity company in its sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented an independent oil refining company in its multibillion merger of equals.
- Represented an NYSE-listed applied technology company in a bolt-on acquisition.
- Represented a retail energy provider in its acquisition of a majority interest of an energy services company.
- Represented a private equity fund in the formation of a joint venture and its bid into Mexico’s offshore oil auction.
- Represented a private equity fund in its $1 billion exit from a medical data company.
- Represented Energy Future Holdings in its $18.7 billion sale to NextEra Energy and the separation of its operating businesses.
- Represented Southcross Holdings LP, a gas gathering, compression and transportation holdco, and its subsidiaries (including Southcross Energy Partners L.P.) in the implementation of its restructuring through a pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy—the first sponsor-backed, prepackaged bankruptcy in the oil and gas industry.
- Represented a private investor in connection with the acquisition of interests in an E&P joint venture.
- Represented the Blackstone Group in connection with the formation of the Vine Oil & Gas joint venture and the subsequent purchase of Haynesville Shale assets from Royal Dutch Shell.
- Represented EIG Global Energy Partners in its definitive agreement to invest $1 billion in Breitburn Energy Partners LP, through the purchase of $650 million of senior secured second lien notes and $350 million of perpetual convertible preferred units.
- Represented an Alaska regional corporation in forming a joint venture gas storage company.
- Represented an MLP in its acquisition of a storage facility with millions of barrels of capacity and its related rail facilities.
- Represented Strayer Education in its $1.9 billion merger of equals with Capella Education Company.
- Represented an ASX-listed technical service provider in its acquisition of a privately held oil and gas services company
- Represented an NYSE-listed energy company in its multibillion dollar redomestication from Delaware to the UK.
- Represented a bank in various early stage investments (convertible securities, Series A rounds, SAFEs) in financial technology companies.
- Represented various pro bono clients on the formation and governance of nonprofit corporations.
- Represented various public companies in corporate governance and disclosure matters.
- Board Member – Arlington County Board of Equalization of Real Estate Assessments (2019)
- Nationally certified Emergency Medical Technician
- Women’s Energy Network
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
J.D., Stanford Law School, 2010
B.A., Amherst College, 2004
District of Columbia