Press Release 06.06.18
Benjamin Dean is a Pillsbury Global Sourcing & Technology Transactions partner recognized by Chambers USA and The Legal 500 U.S. as a leading authority on sophisticated technology and sourcing transactions.
Benjamin has 15+ years’ experience advising on, structuring and negotiating global technology-related agreements for clients in diverse industries. He handles software licensing, development and implementation transactions; cloud and SaaS arrangements; on-premise and cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) agreements; IT and BPO outsourcing transactions; IT consulting arrangements; internet, eCommerce and apps-based agreements; and hardware and software leasing and procurement. Benjamin also advises clients who are experiencing performance disputes with their IT and consulting providers.
Negotiated a global telecommunications and network outsourcing agreement for a multinational food and beverage company.
Represented a leading American television and media company in negotiating a series of enterprise resource planning (ERP) implementation and licensing agreements.
Negotiated a letter of credit outsourcing agreement for a leading provider of worldwide financial services.
- Negotiated an outsourcing agreement to consolidate a global financial planning company's various technology help desks into a single ITIL-compliant service desk.
- Guided outsourcing of world leading information corporation's data center/data processing services and implementation of a strategic marketing agreement, to promote its provision of customer data integration services to its customers.
- Negotiated a global agreement for the provision of data processing services and consumer information for a division of a diversified technology, media and financial services company.
- Negotiated a data center, applications development and offshore outsourcing arrangement with IBM for a major U.S. insurance claims processing company.
- Guided the outsourcing of health care insurance company's data center, help desk, applications development and maintenance, desktop support and maintenance, and telecommunications functions to Dell Services.
- Negotiated a software licensing and data center, help desk, applications development and maintenance, and telecommunications outsourcing with IBM for a health care insurance company.
- Guided outsourcing of a nonprofit education testing company's worldwide Information Technology infrastructure, along with re-architecture of the company's core business systems.
Recognized by Chambers USA in Technology & Outsourcing (2017 - 2018) and by The Legal 500 U.S. for Technology: Outsourcing (2010, 2014-2016, 2018).
Serves as vice chair of Pillsbury’s Pro Bono Committee. Advises and supports Pillsbury attorneys in identifying and taking on new pro bono matters in the community.
Speaks on a variety of outsourcing and technology topics, including cloud services, data breaches, eCommerce and technology liability risk, software-as-a-service and e-signature programs.
District of Columbia Bar Association
Maryland Bar Association
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1997
A.B., Dartmouth College, 1994
magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
District of Columbia
Law clerk to Judge Donald E. Walter, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana